Wednesday 25 February 2009

About Me

My name's Arron MacDonald.

I'm from a small town in South-East England whose sole claims to fame revolve around Boudicea, Charles Dickens and a brief mention in an episode of Men Behaving Badly.

I'm an aspiring writer.

Well, actually *technically speaking*, I'm a writer already. I had some poems published at the people's poet a few years ago, and am presently writing pieces on Lost, Transformers 2 and various other articles of randomness at www.denofgeek.com. Aside from comic book geekery, I'm a lot like most people in their mid-twenties, I like sport (although mine's basketball, not football-to play at least), I'm in a relationship, and aside from those two aspects of my life am generally disappointed with how things have turned out so far.

So I've just applied to take an NCTJ course in journalism, with the hope to one day work for ESPN - because I love American sports, and quite frankly, the weather's better there.

I've called this blog the macnuggets, because that's what it's most like. A Chicken McNugget. There's going to be all kinds of bizarre and unconneted things floating about in here-because, unfortunately-that's how I work.

I don't really have a lot else to say right now, so I'm going to cut it short. But I intend to post stuff regularly, and will link in any pieces of work which pretty much anyone sees fit to post anywhere in some sort of a lame bid to make something like a portfolio, and in the hope that everyone would get off my back and see that I'm actually trying here, for a change.

Anyway, I'm done for now, so one for now.

Peace.

Arron

No comments:

Post a Comment